Monday, August 18, 2008

Holy Moly Crap

Ok, so I have to add a few recent anecdotes for everyone.

The first is that the other day Katie was working on something, stopped, looked up at me, and said "Holy Moly Crap." Great. We had her saying "Holy Moly Guacamole" in Hawaii (the kid LOVES guacamole) and I'm sure one of us said "Holy Crap" in her presence - and now we have "Holy Moly Crap". Fabulous.

Katie is now singing all of the songs that have been sung to her over the past year. It's pretty funny, because of course she's not singing them correctly. In fact, she often repeats the same refrain over and over again. The Itsy Bitsy Spider, for example, is perpetually going "up the water spout" and the sun never seems to come out to "dry up all the rain". Poor spider is probably drowning. Ring around the Rosie goes like this: "Ring a rosie, pocket posies, ashes ashes, all fall down" and she insists you fall down (FALL DOWN, MOMMY!!!!). If you don't fall, she will pull you down. She's got Wheels on the Bus, Row, Row, Row Your Boat, It's Raining, It's Pouring, If You're Happy and You Know It, ABCs and, of course, all of her music class songs. When we go for a walk or run in the stroller, she serenades me with her version of these songs. It's pretty amusing!

And another before I go to bed - she woke up this morning, talked to herself for awhile, then started saying "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" then, "Mommy, can you hear me?" That got me out of bed. Laughing my a** off.

No comments: