Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One Bad Blogger

After reading my sister-in-law's very entertaining blog, I have a renewed hope that I, too, may be able to keep up a blog.  After all, the laundry and dishes don't really need to get done right now, do they?


So, much has changed since my last posting.  For starters, we had another child.  Caroline was born in June and is a fantastic, sweet and surprisingly calm baby.  I guess you have to be when you have a crazy 3 year old for a big sister.  Here's a photo of her taken earlier this month:

Life with two kids has definitely been hectic - it's a constant battle to decide who needs attention at this very moment.  That said, Katie is a wonderful big sister, absolutely in love with Caroline (to the point that we have to ask her to back off from time to time!) They are both happy and healthy and I truly could not ask for anything more.

I don't feel like I have the energy to go into full detail of all the events of the past few months, so I will share some funny Katie anecdotes instead...

I recently took Katie to a pediatric orthopedist, because she has been rolling her feet in when she walks.  They wanted to take some x-rays to make sure there were no bone issues.  So, the nurse explains what they're going to do, then tells Katie "I'm going to go set up the x-ray machine, so you think about any questions you have and I'll be back in a few minutes."  The nurse comes back in and asks Katie if she thought of any questions.  Katie responds "I don't have any questions, but I sure do like lollipops." Nice, kid.  Needless to say, she got a good laugh...and a lollipop.

On a recent Sunday morning, we were all snuggling in bed and Katie starts running her fingers through Ryan's hair and starts singing him a song to the general effect of "Oh Daddy, sweet Daddy, you're the best Daddy and I love you and you let me watch cartoons every day..."  Nice try, kid.

And then, last week, she was playing with some new friends from preschool.  When I said it was time to leave, she said "Mommy, I'm not ready to leave yet - Zach and I are having an interesting conversation."  What about? I'll never know.

That's all for now. I have some laundry to do :)

No comments: